We are currently in search of the mentioned position based out of our Montreal office:
In this role, the Program Manager will be instrumental in managing the product lifecycle and development initiatives for our Policy Management software. The ideal candidate will have several years of experience working on insurance policy, claims and billing software applications and a strong background managing development teams in an Agile Scrum development methodology.
- Review and ensure that new enhancements align to platform strategic direction;
- Formulate business requirements in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders to meet market requirements;
- Manage the development project, including prioritizing features, manage the product backlog and organize daily work for development, business analysis and quality assurance teams.
- Oversee the preparation of solution designs, application specifications and test strategies for all development items;
- Validate the overall quality & consistency of specifications created by the analysts;
- Conduct business and functional specification reviews and sign off sessions;
- Validate that business requirements are satisfied during the user acceptance phase;
- Support the Quality Assurance efforts including reviewing of project’s test plans.
- Coordinate the Bridge Scrum team including daily Scrum meetings, sprint planning sessions and sprint retrospectives;
- Directly manage a team of 2-3 Business Analysts including performance evaluations.
Requirements & Competencies:
- Mandatory: 5 – 10 years’ experience in the insurance domain working with insurance software solutions;
- Mandatory: 2 – 3 years’ experience in a Product Management role (Business Analysis an asset);
- 1 – 2 years’ experience working in an Agile environment;
- Excellent communication skills in English including the ability to write business cases and product specifications as well as presenting information to large groups;
- Proven ability to lead a team without direct line authority;
- Ability to direct project & status meetings effectively.
Oceanwide is an equal opportunity employer that offers a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, profit sharing program, group benefits, an Education & Tuition Assistance program, and much more. For immediate consideration, please forward your resume to:
Thank you for your interest in Oceanwide; only those candidates selected will be contacted.