Senior QA Analyst - Insurance Management Software
We are currently in search of the mentioned position based out of our Montreal office:
- Create, maintain and execute QA test plans based on project, business and functional requirements for entire functional areas.
- Analyze results from automated test reports.
- Communicate with or request pertinent information from other team members within or outside of the organization.
- Identify test risks early in the product cycle and propose mitigation plans.
- Provide task dependencies, priorities and time estimates.
- Identify deficiencies in current processes, tools and technologies and propose solutions for continuous improvements.
- Gather status data to illustrate progress of test planning and/or execution for a given feature area.
- Work effectively on multiple projects concurrently.
- Mentor new team members on processes and application functionality.
- Provide accurate estimates for test planning and execution of upcoming feature area enhancements.
- Where required, lead a small project team of 1-2 QA Members for a functional area.
Requirements & Competencies:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 5+ years experience of formal software testing in full life cycle software environment including creating and executing test plans, within a regular release process and standard software development practices.
- Excellent understanding of full life cycle software development process and software testing methodology combined with at least one successfully released product.
- Experience with automated test tools Quick Test Pro v 11 & LoadRunner (a strong asset).
- Working knowledge of data structures and database reporting techniques
- Strong familiarity with standard design and functionality of web applications, web services and client/server applications.
- Capacity to quickly identify flaws in complex systems.
- Willingness to work with and learn different technologies upon request.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Hands on experience with Windows OS, Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft SQL.
- Experience in the insurance industry (an asset).
- Experience working with Integration testing (an asset).
- Experience working with Web service testing (an asset).
Oceanwide is an equal opportunity employer that offers a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, profit sharing program, group benefits, an Education & Tuition Assistance program, and much more. For immediate consideration, please forward your resume to:
Thank you for your interest in Oceanwide; only those candidates selected will be contacted.