Web Applications System Administrator
We are currently in search of the mentioned position based out of our Montreal office:
The Web Applications System Administrator will be responsible for managing & maintaining Oceanwide R&D environments. This includes application deployments, environment creation and working in conjunction with development and operations teams to investigate & troubleshoot environment issues.
- Responsible for application deployments, system support and server administration of the Oceanwide R&D environment which includes: Windows/Web/IIS/SQL.
- Create, maintain and enhance scripts and tools for deploying Oceanwide applications
- Work closely with Development teams to support R & D initiatives
- Troubleshoot and correct deployment problems and escalate to developers as required
- Adapt the deployment processes to support changes in product architecture, technology evolution while looking to improve build efficiency and accuracy
- Identify and address automation problems, offer solutions, implement solution to deployment issues.
- Perform scheduled and on demand software product deployments
Requirements & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years’ experience using Scripting languages with a deployment focus (VB Script, PowerShell, DOS batch files)
- 1-2 years’ experience with conducting server administration in a Microsoft Windows & Web environment
- 1-2 years’ experience with IIS administration including configuration of web applications, application pools, troubleshooting
- Experience working with virtualization a plus
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2005/2008
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Fluently bilingual (English and French)
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Autonomous and innovative
- Experience working within an Agile/SCRUM environment is a plus
- On occasion extended hours or weekend support for deployment activities may be required
Oceanwide is an equal opportunity employer that offers a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, profit sharing program, group benefits, an Education & Tuition Assistance program, and much more. For immediate consideration, please forward your resume to:
Thank you for your interest in Oceanwide; only those candidates selected will be contacted.